Wade Den Hartog is an Advisor at Foster Group. In this role, he assists with the delivery and implementation of financial plans and meets client service needs. Before joining Foster Group, Wade spent five and a half years at the Community Foundation of Greater Des Moines. He was initially in affiliate relations, ultimately serving as the Director of Charitable Partners, where he worked with financial advisors and estate planning attorneys to help them meet their clients’ charitable goals.
Wade earned his Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Management and his MBA at Drake University and recently earned his Certified Financial Planner (CFP®) designation. He also obtained his Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy (CAP®) from the American College.
My purpose is to bring glory and joy to God and positively impact the community by inspiring authentic influencers through meaningful conversations and helping them evaluate and pursue new possibilities and potential connections. Simply put, I enjoy connecting and engaging authentic influencers.
I met my best friend and wife, Brooke, on a blind date. We were married in 2011 and now have two girls, Rilyn and Rhea.
Some fun facts about me:
- Being a husband and father is my greatest joy.
- My teams are the Drake Bulldogs, Iowa Hawkeyes, Minnesota Vikings, and the Minnesota Twins.
- I enjoy playing golf, when I find the time.
- I grew up in northwest Iowa and attended Sheldon Community High School, home of the Orabs (The name derives from the school’s colors, orange and black, and has to be one of the worst high school nicknames/mascots in the nation).
- I value time with family and friends and creating memories with them.
B.S.B.A. Management and Marketing, Drake University (Des Moines, Iowa)
MBA, Drake University (Des Moines, Iowa)
West Des Moines Community Foundation Board Member
Mid-Iowa Estate & Financial Planners Association Board Member
Financial Planning Association of Iowa Member
Mid-Iowa Planned Giving Council Member