Matt Moklestad is an Advisor at Foster Group and is passionate about helping nonprofit clients make wise investment decisions that align with their mission. He also serves on Foster Group’s Investment Strategy Group. Before joining Foster Group, Matt spent six years at Principal Financial Group and started in investment operations. He finished his time there as an Internal Regional Consultant for Principal Global Investors, where he worked with financial advisors to help them meet their clients’ investment goals.
Matt completed his MBA in 2014 at Drake University and became a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ in 2017. Before attending Drake, he completed his Bachelor’s degree in Marketing and Management at Grand View University.
Growing up in Des Moines, I have been fortunate to have built many lasting friendships over the years. I got to know my best friend and wife, Tracy, while in college. We got married in 2012, and now have three boys, Sawyer, Everett, and Levi. I love being a dad!
Here are some other facts about me:
- Financial planning and investments are truly a passion of mine, so I like to keep up on both in my free time
- I’m passionate about music. Primarily, I play electric guitar and most often play at my local church
- I love a cup of coffee and a good book
- My teams are the Iowa State Cyclones and the Green Bay Packers
- I like being outdoors on my family’s small acreage just outside of town
With family, kids, work, and other activities, life can often feel very full. I continue to see the benefit of revisiting what I truly value and making sure my time, thoughts, and resources are aligned with those things.
B.A. Business Administration: Marketing & Management, Grand View University (Des Moines, Iowa)
M.B.A. Drake University, (Des Moines, Iowa)
Mid-Iowa Planned Giving Council, Treasurer